Keto Doesn’t Have To Be Boring
One of most common misconception is that you have to eat bland or boring while on the ketogenic diet. We’ve put together a couple of recipes that will help you add some variety to your meals.
5 Keto Recipes
1. Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
16 oz. pork tenderloin, pounded flat and cut
1 lb. bacon
½ small onion
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1T olive oil
2 oz. spinach
3 oz. cream cheese
½ tsp. + ¼ tsp. dried thyme
½ tsp. + ¼ tsp. dried rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
4 oz. broccoli, chopped small
½ medium bell pepper
½ C diced tomatoes
½ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F. Cover tenderloin with saran wrap. Use
meat hammer to pound it to about ¾” thick. This will take some
time, so be patient and try not to work the meat too much.
Otherwise, it will result in stringy bits that end up falling apart.
2. Massage it with your hands by pushing it down to thin it out
3. Cut the excess parts off of the meat to create a square or
4. Start by sautéing the onions in 1T olive oil over high heat. Once
the onions soften, add the garlic and let cook for another
5. Once the garlic is cooked, add spinach and let sauté for a
moment and then add cream cheese.
6. Stir the cream cheese in and add the ½ tsp. of the spices (save
the other ¼ tsp. for later). Let sit on the burner while you prep
the bacon weave.
7. Weave bacon.
8. Lay the tenderloin over the bacon weave and season with salt,
and pepper. Rub the seasoning in and then cut the excess
bacon off around two parallel sides.
9. Spread the onion, garlic, cream cheese, and spinach mixture on
to the tenderloin. Don’t go too far toward the edges or it will
come out as you roll it.
10. Gently roll the tenderloin up with the bacon. Toothpick
where needed to keep together. Season with remaining spices,
salt and pepper.
11. Bake the tenderloin for 75 minutes.
12. Prep vegetables. Once you have 5 minutes remaining on
the pork, start to cook them.
13. Sauté peppers in a dry pan for a few minutes. When
tenderloin comes out, feel free to add some fat to the veggies.
Sauté broccoli until slightly soft and then add tomatoes.
14. Serve together.
2. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
1. It’s best to mix this all in the large, glass measuring cup. This way, when
you’re done you have it in a container with a spout.
2. Cut stick of butter in half and put in measuring cup.
3. Place chocolate on top of butter.
4. Microwave on high for 90 seconds.
5. Take out of microwave and stir with spoon until chocolate is completely
6. Add stevia.
7. Put peanut butter in separate bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to get it
8. Take out peanut butter and mix with chocolate until completely blended.
9. Pour into molds and place in freezer. Give them 2 hours to solidify.
3. Coconut Pancakes/Waffles
- Add eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla in a bowl and blend with immersion blender.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Blend egg mixture while slowly adding dry ingredients.
- Don’t blend too long, just enough to make it pretty thick. It will turn to concrete if you go too long.
- This is a double batch that will make approximately 16 waffles.
4. Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- 5 slices Bacon
- 12 oz. Ground Beef (80/20)
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 3 cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 2 tsp. Brown Mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 medium Dill Pickle, diced
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1. Add 5 slices of bacon to a pan on medium heat. Let this cook for a while until browned and crispy. Flip to cook on the other side.
2. Press the ground beef into the hot pan with bacon grease and let the beef caramelize.
3. In the meantime, dice up 1 medium dill pickle and set aside for the time being.
4. Flip the beef over and caramelize the other side.
5. Measure out all dry spices for later use.
6. Once beef is browned on both sides, transfer the beef and all of the fat to a pot. Move the beef to the sides of the pot and add 2 tbsp. of butter in the middle. Once the butter is melted and bubbling, add the spices and mix them into the butter. Let this cook for about 30-45 seconds.
7. Mix everything together, add 3 cups of beef broth, and 2 1/2 tbsp. tomato paste.
8. Add the pickles and cheddar cheese to the pot and mix together well.
9. Lastly, add the cream cheese and turn the heat on the stove down to low. Stir the soup until the cream cheese is melted.
10. Cover the pot and let cook for 20-30 minutes while covered on low heat.
11. Once cooked, turn the heat off and finish the soup with 1/2 cup heavy cream. Crumble and bacon and add it in also, retaining as much crunchiness as you can.
12. Stir soup and serve hot!
5. Keto Brownies
- 1 bar (3.5 oz) unsweetened chocolate
- ¼ C butter or coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ C HWC
- Stevia to taste
- 1 ½ C almond flour
- ½ C coconut flour
- ½ C cacao powder
- ¾ C swerve or equivalent
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ to ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt – key ingredient!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Break chocolate into pieces. Place bowl over a pot of water and bring to a boil. Keep on low heat and make sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl (or use a double boiler). Add the butter and let it melt, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, stir eggs and stevia with immersion blender. Halve the avocado and remove the seed.
- Scoop avocado into bowl, add HWC and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the avocado into the egg mixture and process until well combined.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and butter and mix until creamy.
- Mix all the remaining dry ingredients.
- Add the dry to the wet and mix until well combined.
- Place the dough into a baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set. Keep an eye on them to prevent the top from burning.
- Remove from oven and let cool.